Thursday, November 12, 2009

Illustrators

I was crushed when I began reading the Black Stallion series as a child. The reason? No pictures. They were my first step away from the world of interior illustrations, and while the writing was wonderful and I loved the books, I missed the artwork. Perhaps you can see why.


Afraid To Ride, C.W. Anderson


Scorpion, Will James


Old Bones by Mildred Mastin Pace, illustrator Wesley Dennis


The Complete Morgan Horse (nonfiction), Jeanne Mellin


A Horse To Remember by Genevieve Torrey Eames, illustrations by Paul Brown


Rain Cloud The Wild Mustang by Margaret Kraenzel, illustrations by Pers Crowell


Ride The Wild Storm by Marjorie Reynolds, illustrations by Lorence Bjorklund


Of course, some editions of Walter Farley's books did have illustrations - above is Keith Ward's work from The Black Stallion.

1 comment:

Jane Badger said...

Those are lovely, thank you! I like the Jeanne Mellin one. She's a new artist for me.